Department of Academic and Career Preparation
Your pathway to sustainable success
Need prerequisites for your university or career program? Need to upgrade English, math or science skills?
The Department of Academic and Career Preparation offers developmental education in two areas: Qualifying Studies and Adult Basic Education.*
- Students are offered choice and flexibility; credit courses are offered in semester- based, continuous (flexible) intake, partial online and fully online modes.
- Critical university and essential skills are included in all courses to assist students with the transitions to university level and career studies.
- Personalized assessments assist students with course placement
- Tutoring support is available when taking ACP credit courses.
- Small class sizes enhance the student learning experience.
Consider taking ENGQ 1096 - University Writing Workshop (CR-1.5) as a companion course to ENGQ 1091, ENGQ 1092, or ENGQ 1099.
Students will improve their writing skills by receiving instruction and practice in the writing process, editing techniques and the active reading process. They will also study selected language, mechanics and grammar topics chosen according to the needs of the students. Students will use their own completed and graded assignments to study and practice writing in a workshop environment.
To sign up for an assessment please visit the Student Enrolment Services Office on either the Surrey, Richmond, Langley or Cloverdale campus. Please bring picture ID.
For more information on ACP credit courses call 604.599.2964.
For academic advising contact Aysha Haq, the ACA Educational Advisor.