Does Writing Matter at Kwantlen?
The Academic & Career Preparation Department
is proud to host
The Kwantlen Writing Symposium
Thursday, May 10, 2012, 9-4
Surrey Campus Conference Centre
- Are faculty at Kwantlen satisfied with the quality of student writing they see in their courses?
- Are Kwantlen students provided with the instruction and support they need to improve as writers?
- How can all Kwantlen faculty work to improve the quality of writing and writing instruction at KPU?
The Kwantlen Writing Symposium will provide an opportunity for faculty and students to explore these questions and to initiate a sustained university-wide dialogue about student writing and the teaching of writing at Kwantlen.
- Keynote address by Professor Andrea Lunsford, Stanford University
- Kwantlen Faculty Writing Survey results
- Lunch and other refreshments
- Interdepartmental faculty-student roundtable, small break-out and town hall discussions