How do I apply?
The Bachelor's of Design in Product Design is a selective-entry program. Applicants from a wide-variety of backgrounds are invited to apply.
Steps to apply
1. Meet our general and program requirements
In addition to Kwantlen's General University admission requirements, the following program admission requirements apply:
- English 12 with a minimum grade of B (or equivalent)
- Portfolio: applicants are asked to select and submit 8-12 varied examples of their work. Details about our portfolio requirements are listed below.
- Interview (only for applicants selected after their portfolio review)
For complete information about Kwantlen's admission requirements, please refer to Kwantlen's Academic Calendar.
2. Apply to Kwantlen
To be accepted into the Product Design program, you must first apply to the university by filling out an Application for Admissions form. Applications must be received from November 1 to March 31. The sooner you apply, the sooner we'll be in contact with you regarding the portfolio and interview process for your application.
3. Receive your confirmation
Once you submit your application and pay the application fee, you will receive confirmation of receipt of your application from the Admissions office. Confirmations will be send by mail if you applied using our paper application and send online for applications received online or electronically.
4. Submit your documents
Applicants will participate in a selection process that includes an evaluation to confirm you have met our English requirement. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview during which you will be asked to show a portfolio and asked questions about your goals and objectives in product design.